This site is about helping you live a better-feeling life, particularly around your career.
I’m Mimi Harmon, and here’s my philosophy:
A better-feeling life consists of better-feeling moments.
But it’s in everyday moments that we most derail our lives.
By thinking about our lives in bad-feeling ways that bring us down.
And once we’re down, we tend to think more things that “help” us stay there.
Put another way, the more time we spend feeling off, the less capacity we have to live and create better-feeling moments that make a better-feeling life.
An everyday—and every day—thought I had went something like this: I’m wasting my life doing this job.
I thought it so much that I eventually got sick and stopped working to regain my health; this threw my life into financial crisis, which created new problems for me, like losing my home.
Thankfully, I’d learned about the power of my mind and started using mine to tell better-feeling stories. And now, my life feels better because I’ve made storytelling my career. I’m still working to make a living at it, but won’t wait to “arrive” to share what I’ve learned, and am learning, along the way.
Through my books, occasional short stories and resources, you’ll get ideas and practical tips for proactively making your life feel better.
Just as importantly, you’ll get musings about little stuff that can send you astray in big ways.
We can learn from each other’s experiences, so I write about mine. Even the unflattering ones. Particularly, I write about recovering from or skirting everyday stumbling blocks to free myself—and you—to get on with great things.
This site is for anyone wanting to feel better emotionally, but particularly seeks people wanting to feel better by building a business and who are…
- open to matters about God (the loving, not angry one).
- on a mission to make and use money as a tool for social change.
- committed to growing their financial literacy.
- in the creative arts and/or crazy about style and design.
- kindly connectors—of people to people and people to ideas and information.
This site is founded on five core principles:
- As within, so without. In other words, our internal climate drives our outer reality.
- Our mindset drives our internal cimate, or emotions.
- Our emotions indicate where we are in relation to what we truly desire, even if we don’t know what that is; the better-feeling our emotions, the closer we are, and vice versa.
- Imagination is a tool for finding better-feeling emotions and dreaming up a new direction.
- Intuition—or gut instincts—is guidance that gets us where we want to go.
Now that you have the basics about this site, get the basics about me.